IMMEDIATELY AFTER INSTALLATION
- Keep traffic to a minimum during the first 24 hours to allow the adhesive to harden. Light foot traffic only for the next 24 hours. Normal traffic after 48 hours.
- Do not disturb the sealed seams on your resilient sheet flooring for at least 16 hours after seam sealer application.
- Furniture should not be placed on the floor for 24 hours so the adhesive (and grout, if applicable), have had adequate time to dry.
- Always move heavy furniture and appliances with care to avoid gouging or tearing the floor. First, lay strips of plywood or hardboard panels on the floor. Then roll, "walk" or slide these items on the strips. Do not push or pull appliances and heavy furniture without taking these precautions. We recommed using floorguards under appilances.
- Wash your floor using Congoleum Bright 'N Easy No-Rinse Cleaner or other suitable resilient floor cleaner 48 hours after installation.
- Connections floor:
- Keep the room temperature between 65ºF and 85ºF for at least 48 hours after installation. Maintain the room temperature 55ºF and 85ºF thereafter.
- Do not wash or scrub Connections flooring for at least 5 days after installation. This allows the adhesive bond to develop by preventing moisture and cleaning agents from interfering with the bonding process. Spot cleaning is acceptable, but do not apply excess moisture of cleaning solution.
Caution: Resilient flooring, like other types of smooth floors, can become slippery when wet. Allow time for the floor to dry after washing. Immediately wipe up wet areas from spills or wet feet. Place mats at outside entrances to prevent water, snow or ice from being tracked onto your floor. Improper polishes or finishes can also cause slipperiness.
- Make sure furniture legs have large surface, nonstaining floor protectors. Replace small, narrow metal or dome-shaped glides with smooth, flat glides that are in flat contact with the floor. Glides should be equipped with self-adhesive felt pads to avoid scratching the surface of the floor. The pads should be checked periodically for grit and wear and replaced when necessary.
- Heavy furniture or appliances that are not moved often should be equipped with flat, nonstaining composition furniture casters or cups of appropriate size - available square from 1 1/2" to 2 5/8" and round from 1 3/8" to 1 5/8".
- Mobile appliances and furniture should be equipped with easily swiveling casters. They should be at least 2" in diameter with nonstaining hard rubber treads at least 3/4" wide. Do not use ball-shaped casters.
- Place mats at outside entrances to prevent dirt, grit and soil from being tracked onto your floor. Use 100% latex- backed mats, because some rubber-backed mats or carpets may permanently stain your floor.
- To help prevent staining from asphalt tracking, we recommend the use of a latex-based driveway sealer.
- Draw drapes and blinds during peak periods of strong sunlight. Resilient floors, like other home furnishing products, may discolor or fade when overexposed to the sun.
- Heat-producing appliances such as a refrigerator or range, or hot air registers emitting a direct flow of heat in excess of 120º F, even intermittently, can scorch, burn, discolor or fade your floor. Cigarettes, matches and other very hot objects can also damage your floor.
- Avoid wearing stiletto or spiked heels on your floor. These types of heels can indent or damage many types of floors.
- There are many types of floor steam cleaners on the market today. Please exercise caution if you use one on our floors as they can generate extreme heat and may scorch our floors. Always keep the cleaner moving. If you stop, place it on a protective cover, not directly on the floor. Please contact the manufacturer of the steam cleaner if damage to your floor occurs.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to remove dirt and grit that can abrade, dull or scratch your new floor. Do not use a vacuum with a beater brush, because it may damage the floor's surface.
- Wipe up spills promptly with a damp cloth or mop.
- For a more thorough cleaning, wash your floor with Congoleum Bright 'N Easy No-Rinse Cleaner or other suitable, non-detergent based resilient floor cleaner.
Caution: Avoid one-step "mop and polish" products, dishwashing liquids and oil-based cleaners. These may leave a residue which can attract dirt and dull your floor's finish. Avoid cleaners that contain abrasives or solvents which may permanently damage your floor.
- Remove excess water after washing the floor.
- A copolymer or acrylic grout sealer compatible with acrylic grouts may be used on DuraCeramic grout. Do not use a penetrating silicone sealer on the grout.
- The gloss level may change over time depending on the amount of traffic, care, and maintenance the floor receives. To restore the appearance, first use Congoleum Bright 'N Easy Polish Remover to remove any ground-in dirt and excess polish buildup. Rinse thoroughly. Then apply Congoleum Bright 'N Easy Floor Polish (03002) to obtain a high-gloss finish or Congoleum Bright 'N Easy Satin-Gloss Floor Polish (03007) to obtain a satin-gloss or natural-gloss finish. Do not apply polish to products that contain Stochguard: Xclusive, DuraCeramic, DuraCeramic Options, AirStep Evolution and AirStep Plus. Polish maybe applied to Non-Stochguard DuraCeramic and DuraStone products.
HOW TO TREAT STAINS, SPILLS AND SCUFFS
Follow the remedies in order. Unless instructed otherwise, use a clean, white cloth or towel with the recommended liquids. Always rinse the affected area with clean water after treatment.
Stains and Spills
Acids, Alkalis Blood, Catsup, Mustard, Cleaners, Strong So, ps, Dye, Dye Markings, Food, Candy, Fruit and Fruit Juices, Grass, Iodine, Mercurochrome, Rust, Urine, Excrement, Vomit
- Scrub area with Congoleum Bright ’N Easy No-Rinse Cleaner full strength.
- Rub the area with a 10 to 1 dilution of water to liquid bleach.
- Rub the area with isopropyl alcohol*. If rust stain does not respond, use lemon juice or a cream of tartar solution
Paint and Solvent Spills
Dry Cleaning Fluids, Lacquer, Latex Paints, Nail Polish, Solvents, Oil-Based Paints, Wood Stains, Varnish
- If substance is dry, gently peel it from the floor. (Avoid sharp instruments that could scratch the floor.)
- Scrub area with Congoleum Bright 'N Easy No-Rinse Cleaner.
- Rub lightly with mineral spirits or paint thinner*.
Substances That Won’t Wipe Up
Adhesives, Asphalt, Chewing Gum, Oil, Grease, Candle Wax, Tar
- Carefully remove excess with a dull kitchen knife.
- Scrub area with Congoleum Bright ’N Easy No-Rinse Cleaner.
- Rub lightly with mineral spirits, isopropyl alcohol* or lighter fluid*.
Scuffs and Smudges
Rubber Heel Marks, Shoe Polish, Scuffs, Smudges
- Scrub area with Congoleum Bright ’N Easy No-Rinse Cleaner.
- Rub lightly with isopropyl alcohol* or lighter fluid*.
* Caution: Isopropyl alcohol, Lighter fluid, mineral spirits and paint thinner are flammable solvents. Carefully read and follow cautionary information on label. Keep traffic off treated area for 30 minutes.